As a township supervisor, I daily face the difficulties of providing services to residents with declining tax revenues. As a local business owner, I understand the burden of taxation on Michigan businesses and the challenge of job creation. As a husband and father, my heart aches for Michigan's parents and grandparents as our children are forced to leave for jobs in other states.
I am running for State Representative in District 24 -- representing St. Clair Shores, Harrison Township and part of Grosse Pointe -- because I am very concerned about the economic condition of our state. My goal is to once again make Michigan the "land of opportunity" that my immigrant father experienced over fifty years ago and to create jobs that keep our children in Michigan, preserving our families.
To succeed in this effort, we need to mount an aggressive grassroots campaign. I have been walking door-to-door, meeting voters and listening to their concerns. I cannot do this alone. That's why I am asking my fellow residents to join our campaign and help make Michigan a "Top Ten" state again.
# St. Clair Shores resident for 16 years, Harrison Township resident for 23 years
# Attended from St. Germaine Elementary School. Graduated Western Michigan University.
# Married 25 years with 3 children in college
Bachelors, Business Administration, Western Michigan University, 1984
As a local business owner for 28 years:
* Tony understands the burden of taxation on local business and the challenge of job creation
* Tony helped individuals and business owners to reach their financial goals as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER
Past Grand Knight, St. Hubert Knights of Columbus
Past Board Member of Macomb Chamber of Commerce
Past Senior Vice President of Italian American Cultural Center
Charter President of Southeast Michigan Chapter of Western Michigan Alumni Association
Board Member, St. John North Shores Hospital Foundation
As Harrison Township Supervisor (2004-present), he:
* Eliminated waste and streamlined government to assure tax dollars were allocated to residents? priorities
* Secured grants to eliminate invasive species that are threatening the health of our waterfront
* Preserved green space and bike path funding without increasing taxes
* Worked with volunteers to establish Harrison Township's first library
* Championed single waste hauler for the Township, saving money for residents and saving local roads
Past Youth Co-Leader at St. Hubert Catholic Church